The Life Sciences practice group offers legal advice to companies specializing in life science technologies. The areas we cover range from biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics and personalized medicine to nutraceuticals, cosmetics, food processing, biochemical and medical devices, as well as other regulated products and services. In addition, we support organizations and institutions committed to research and development, the processing of digital data, technology transfer, commercialization and distribution.
Essentially, we provide high-quality legal and regulatory advice for international
manufacturers and providers of life science products and services. We represent them in dealings with the Swiss regulatory authorities or when contacting international technology clusters.
We offer a comprehensive range of services covering the following fields:
- Regulatory legal advice in connection with establishment licenses, marketing authorizations, industry-specific permits, import and export, compliance and vigilance
- Legal advice on the structuring of activities, contractual arrangements for supply chain and distribution, transactions, merger and acquisition of structures
- Financial services support for the funding of business operations, research and distribution activities
- Intellectual property advice on the protection of know-how, techniques, inventions, related licensing and research and development agreements, incl. advertising and data protection
- Product security and defense product liability, particularly for medical devices, pharmaceuticals, clinical trials and in respect of recalls
- Litigation and arbitration: legal support for national and international disputes.