Franz Schubiger’s client service, level of sophistication and commercial awareness are very strong. He is very dedicated and pleasant to work with.
Chambers Europe Third Party Feedback, 2022
Franz Schubiger is always contactable and extremely warm and professional.
The Legal 500 Client Feedback, 2022
Franz Schubiger is appreciated for his expertise, competence and friendly and collaborative approach.
The Legal 500 Client Feedback, 2020
His work is always of the highest quality.
IFLR1000 Client Feedback, 2020
Franz Schubiger co-heads Pestalozzi's Life Sciences Group and is a member of the Corporate / M&A Group in Zurich. His practice focuses on corporate law, M&A, corporate finance, private equity and venture capital, complex restructurings as well as general contract and commercial law. He regularly advises in the fields of life sciences, including pharma, consumer healthcare and medtech, as well as consumer goods and retailing industries, ICT, e-commerce and online business.
Franz Schubiger specializes in corporate and transactional matters. He frequently assists large corporates, strategic and financial investors, emerging growth companies and entrepreneurs on corporate and investment matters, such as the taking up of business activities, the establishment, structuring and governance, investment in or financing of businesses and companies as well as corporate matters during the entire life cycle of companies.
Franz Schubiger also has longstanding experience on a broad range of commercial transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, cooperation and joint ventures, debt and equity financings as well as private equity and venture capital transactions, in domestic and cross-border settings. He regularly advises clients on complex corporate restructurings, including transfer of businesses or parts thereof, mergers, conversions and cross-border migrations, as well as financial reorganizations.
As part of his contract law and commercial practice, he advises on matters relating to the structuring of business relationships and contracts, such as collaboration arrangements, sourcing, supply, manufacturing, provision of services and distribution related agreements in different industries, including life sciences, consumer goods and retailing sectors as well as machinery industry.
He also assists clients in the e-commerce and other online business fields with respect to the structuring, setting-up and implementation of domestic and cross-border e-commerce activities and business models, such as market place, B2C and B2B activities. In these areas, he acts for international players, but also for foreign and domestic SMEs and emerging growth companies.
Franz Schubiger graduated from the University of Zurich in 1999 (lic.iur.) and Cornell University in 2004 (LL.M., Fulbright Scholar). He was admitted to the bar in 2001. Before joining Pestalozzi in 2001, he served as a law clerk at the District Courts of Gaster/See and worked as an associate for a law firm.
Franz Schubiger is named by leading legal directories in his fields of expertise. Recent reports include:
• "Franz Schubiger’s client service, level of sophistication and commercial awareness are very strong. He is very dedicated and pleasant to work with." (Chambers Europe Third Party Feedback, 2022)
• "Franz Schubiger is appreciated for his expertise, competence and friendly and collaborative approach." (The Legal 500 Client Feedback, 2020)
• "His work is always of the highest quality and I very much appreciate his expertise, competence and friendly & professional approach." (IFLR1000 Client Feedback, 2020)
• "He was prudent and made himself available at any time necessary. His replies were always prompt and he was extremely professional." (IFLR1000 Client Feedback, 2020)
He is a member in several professional associations, such as the Zurich Bar Association and the Swiss Bar Association, the Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA) and the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce. He regularly speaks at events on topics relating to his fields of expertise, co-organizes seminars and moderates panel discussions on corporate and M&A topics. In the UIA, he is involved as a Deputy Director of Seminars. Further, he has been serving as a coach to entrepreneurs and founder teams on a pro bono basis at the Swiss >>venture>> startup competition since 2010.
- Partner at Pestalozzi
- Cornell University: LL.M., Fulbright Scholar
- Bar admission: Switzerland
- Associate at Pestalozzi
- Associate at a Swiss law firm
- University of Zurich: lic.iur.
- Law clerk at District Courts Gaster/See
German, English, French, Italian
Expertise & IndustriesBlockchain & Crypto Assets
Corporate / M&A
Private Equity & Venture Capital
Restructuring & Insolvency
- Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA)
- Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce
- Swiss Private Equity & Corporate Finance Association (SECA)