Our Private Clients practice group addresses the needs of Swiss and non-Swiss individuals and families, foundations and trusts, private banks, family offices and other wealth management service providers. We offer sophisticated, tailor-made as well as administrative solutions designed to cover the legal, regulatory and tax aspects of global planning, coordination and structuring of private wealth and business assets.
We have been advising and representing individuals and families as well as wealth management service providers for more than a hundred years. The primary focus of our work is on clients with interests in Switzerland, but we have an international network that enables us to handle the interests of clients worldwide, and we represent a significant number of the wealthiest individuals and families in the US, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Thanks to many years of providing individuals and families with professional advice, our specialists have amassed wide-ranging experience and are considered to leading players in their respective fields.
Our practice group comprises experts from various areas, in particular tax, inheritance, banking, real estate, immigration and litigation, who work together in ad hoc teams depending on clients’ needs and wishes.
We focus mainly on:
- dispute resolution and litigation: arbitration in inheritance, trust and estate matters
- relocation/immigration: of individuals/families and their business, including work and residence permits
- inheritance/estate planning: including corporate succession (last wills and bequests, matrimonial property and inheritance contracts, structuring of assets through (charitable) foundations and trusts, investment funds, family offices)
- banking and finance law: as well as regulatory related advice
- execution of wills
- real estate/transactions: advice and support
- tax planning and adviceon: all relevant tax matters in all the above mentioned areas (national and international)
We deliberately refrain from asset and risk management as well as investment advisory services but are happy to help our clients select, coordinate and supervise third party experts providing such services. To the extent desired or necessary, we work with selected financial institutions and wealth management service providers, whom we are pleased to recommend to our clients.
Nicolas C. Herren
Franz J. Kessler
Evelyn V. Frei