We offer clients a comprehensive portfolio of services for all kinds of building projects, from industrial plant to offices, hotels and restaurants through to residential housing. Apart from construction, our interdisciplinary expertise covers a vast range of real estate-related services from portfolio transactions and due diligence reviews to commercial and residential rent, acquisition, financing, sale, sale and lease-back agreements, together with many related areas listed below. Further, we regularly advise public authorities and bidders on public procurement matters.
We offer high-quality legal advice and litigation support on commercial and residential real estate and contract matters as well as regulatory and compliance issues. Our clients range from real estate investors, landowners, landlords, tenants, constructors and service providers to industrial companies, banks, private equity funds and other investors, as well as private individuals. We advise public authorities on public procurement matters, managing the entire process and any related court litigation, and assist bidders with the preparation of tenders and any necessary litigation.
We offer a comprehensive range of services covering every aspect of real estate transactions, including:
- legal advice for real estate transactions
- legal due diligence reviews of real estate and environmental matters
- contract negotiations and contract drafting, in particular for the acquisition, financing, sale, sale and
lease-back, and for the rent of commercial or residential premises
- contract negotiations and contract drafting for construction projects
- enforcement of contractual rights
- assistance with obtaining construction permits
- legal advice on land use and zoning law matters
- assistance with obtaining permits from Swiss regulatory authorities
- legal advice on Swiss property taxes
- regulatory and legal advice to non-Swiss clients on real estate investments and divestments in Switzerland
- legal advice and support to the relocation of business activities to Switzerland
- legal advice to public authorities and bidders in public tender proceedings
- representing clients before all Swiss courts in disputes over real estate, environmental and public procurement matters
Chambers 2021 points out the following strength of the Pestalozzi real estate department: "One client states that the lawyers 'are extremely responsive, they always provide documented and well-supported legal opinions and they are proactive.'"
Legal 500 2020 cites the following testimonials: "Pestalozzi has a very competent team always gives expert advice while also being responsive and having fast turn around times." and "Andrea Rohrer-Lippuner and Michael Lips both are very competent and helpful, always make the client their first priority and let them feel safe and well informed."
Legal 500 2019 praises "the 'exceptional' team of partner Michael Lips and associates Andrea Rohrer and Larissa Rickenbacher" and comments as follows: "Pestalozzi 'provides efficient, solution-oriented advice and has an excellent understanding of its clients' industry and needs'."
Chambers 2019 comments as follows: "The team is 'doing a very good job', interviewees state."
Legal 500 2018 recognizes Pestalozzi's real estate and construction practice in tier 2 and comments as follows: "The 'experienced and highly specialised real estate group' of Pestalozzi 'provides legally sound, pragmatic, solution-oriented and hands-on advice without lengthy theory'. Focus areas include transactions, commercial and residential leases, real estate pledges and encumbrances as well as regulatory and environmental issues."
Chambers 2018 comments as follows on the Pestalozzi real estate department: "Clients report enjoying their collaboration with the firm, suggesting that the department has 'very efficient and friendly staff, with specialist skills in all major legal interests.'"
Legal 500 2016 upgraded Pestalozzi's real estate and construction practice to tier 2 and says: "Pestalozzi is especially strong with real estate transactions and dispute resolution. It recently advised UBS on the transfer of a CHF90m real estate portfolio. Anne Imhoff and Michael Lips have 'in-depth knowledge of real estate and construction law'".
Legal 500 2015 about Pestalozzi in real estate and construction: "Pestalozzi is especially strong with real estate portfolio transfers. Its 'excellent' team is headed by Anne Imhoff and Michael Lips, who have 'in-depth knowledge of real estate and construction law'".