Pestalozzi Attorneys at Law, Löwenstrasse 1, 8001 Zurich, respectively Cours de Rive 13, 1204 Geneva ("Pestalozzi", "we", "us"), maintains an online application platform (the "Platform") by means of which persons interested in employment with Pestalozzi (the "Applicant") may apply.
1. What Personal Data do we process?
Within the application process on the Platform, we collect and process the following personal data provided by the Applicant (the "Personal Data"):
- Master data, such as first and last name, title, date of birth, and nationality;
- Contact data, such as residential address, place of residence, phone number, and e-mail address;
- Application data, such as application photo, cover letter, curriculum vitae, references, performance records, and qualifications; and
- Communication data, such as IP address, operating system, browser ID, browser activity, and other information about how the Applicant has interacted with the Platform or other websites (see also section 6).
2. For what purposes do we process the Personal Data?
We process the Applicant's Personal Data exclusively for the purposes of filling a position within our company and for services and offers related to the Platform or the application process (e.g., communication with the Applicant, exchange of information, security and protection of the Applicant and its Personal Data; see also section 6).
3. For how long do we store the Personal Data?
We process and store the Applicant's Personal Data as long as this is necessary for the fulfillment of our (pre)contractual and legal obligations or otherwise for the purposes pursued with the processing.
As soon as the storage of Personal Data is no longer required for the above-mentioned purposes, we will delete or anonymize it as far as possible. If an Applicant is not considered for employment, its Personal Data will be deleted within 6 (six) months after the formal end of the application process.
4. Do we transfer Personal Data to third parties and/or abroad?
These third parties may be domiciled in any country in the world and in particular in countries outside of Switzerland. If we transfer the Personal Data to countries without adequate legal data protection, we contractually ensure that the protection of the Applicant's Personal Data abroad corresponds to that in Switzerland.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we do not disclose the Applicant's Personal Data to third parties who process the Personal Data for their own purposes or for other third parties; unless we are entitled or required to disclose the Personal Data on the basis of the Applicant's express consent, an overriding private or public interest, or statutory provisions.
5. How do we secure the Personal Data?
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data from unauthorized access and misuse, such as issuing directives, training, IT and network security solutions, access controls and restrictions, encryption of data carriers and transmissions, pseudonymization and controls.
7. What data protection rights does the Applicant have?
In accordance with and as far as provided by applicable law, the Applicant has the right to access, rectify and erase its Personal Data, the right to restrict processing or to object to our data processing. In addition, the Applicant has the right to enforce its rights in court or, under certain conditions, to file a complaint with the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
We reserve the right to enforce statutory restrictions on our part, for example if we are obliged to retain or process certain Personal Data, have an overriding interest, or require the Personal Data to assert claims.
For any questions, comments or concerns on the subject of data protection as well as the assertion of data protection rights pursuant to section 7, the Applicant may contact:
Pestalozzi Attorneys at Law
Data Protection Contact
Löwenstrasse 1, 8001 Zurich
Zürich, July 2021