Tanja Planinic's practice includes all aspects of domestic and international commercial litigation, arbitration and mediation. She has acted as counsel and arbitrator in numerous ad hoc and institutional arbitrations under various procedural and substantive laws. She has particular experience with disputes relating to the international sale of goods, commodity sales and trading, joint ventures and distributorships as well as disputes in the energy, construction and pharma sectors.
Tanja Planinic is a partner and member of the Litigation & Arbitration Group. She graduated from the University of Lausanne in 1996 (licence en droit) and from the University of Cambridge in 2001 (LL.M., FCO British Chevening Scholar). She was admitted to the bar in Switzerland in 1999. Prior to joining Pestalozzi in 2002, Tanja Planinic served as a law clerk at the Supreme Court of the Canton of Berne (Civil Chambers and Commercial Court) and was a staff attorney at the Claims Resolution Tribunal for Dormant Accounts in Zurich (CRT – Holocaust Victim Assets Litigation). In 2007, she was an associate in the International Arbitration Group of Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr in London. As of 1 July 2017, Tanja Planinic is also a member of the ICC International Court of Arbitration in Paris.
- Partner at Pestalozzi
- Associate, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr, London
- Associate at Pestalozzi
- Staff Attorney, Claims Resolution Tribunal for Dormant Accounts
- University of Cambridge: Master of Laws, LL.M. (FCO British Chevening Scholar)
- Law Clerk at the Supreme Court of the Canton of Berne
- Bar Admission: Switzerland
Bosnian, Croatian, English, French, German, Italian, Serbian
Expertise & IndustriesLitigation & Arbitration
- Swiss and Zurich Bar Associations (SAV/ZAV)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR