Thomas Legler is responsive, well prepared, very experienced and pleasant to work with in an arbitration context, say sources. Clients emphasise that he is one of the few practitioners to specialise in both IP and arbitration matters.
Who's Who Legal, 2020
Geneva team leader Thomas Legler is highly praised in arbitration related to complex legal issues in the field of IP law.
Leaders League, 2020
Thomas Legler offers a very balanced and reasonable approach to mandates according to one source. His practice spans copyright, trademark and patent law. He boasts expertise in arbitration cases.
Chambers Europe (Arbitration and IP), 2020
Disputes expert Thomas Legler is experienced in handling cases involving corporates and private individuals.
The Legal 500 (Arbitration, Data Protection, TMT, IP), 2020
The unit has a dispute resolution aficionado in Thomas Legler, who keeps a cool head in fiery clashes. He also serves as an arbitrator for WIPO, including domain name disputes.
World Trademark Review, 2020
Notice: This profile has been abused for a Scam. Please ignore and do not respond to e-mails pretending to come from our partner using a false e-mail address.
Thomas Legler ist Partner und Mitglied der Fachgruppe IP & TMT sowie Litigation & Arbitration in Genf. Seine Tätigkeit konzentriert sich auf die Vertretung von Klienten in (inter-) nationalen Schiedsverfahren und die Tätigkeit als Schiedsrichter. Darüber hinaus berät er Klienten im Bereich des geistigen Eigentums (Marken, Patente, Urheberrecht), IT und des Datenschutzes.
Thomas Legler is specialized in general contract and corporate law (incl. distributorship and licensing; pharmaceuticals and watch industry); international and domestic arbitration; litigation in civil law; intellectual property law (patents, trademarks, copyright); telecommunications, computer and Internet law; media and privacy law; construction law.
Thomas Legler is author of several publications, in particular in the field of arbitration, IP and Internet issues, and he is a frequent speaker at national and international conferences (see specific list).
Thomas Legler is recommended as litigator and arbitrator in professional publications and listings, such as The Legal 500, Chambers and Partners Europe, Who’s Who Legal, Best Lawyers, Patent Law Experts, Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) and Lexology. In 2020, Thomas Legler was awarded with the Lexology / Client Choice award for Patent Law in Switzerland.
- Partner, Pestalozzi Attorneys at Law
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Fellow (FCIArb)
- Partner of a major Swiss law firm in Geneva
- University of Geneva: Doctorate in law
- Foreign Associate, Wilmer Cutler & Pickering (now: WilmerHale)
- University of Geneva: LLM ("D.E.S."; Diplôme Etudes Supérieures en droit)
- Associate in a major Swiss law firm in Geneva
- Canton of Geneva: Bar admission
- Legal Counsel, Swiss Union of Privat Railways (UTP)
- University of Berne: Degree in law ("Fürsprecher")
- Canton of Berne: Bar admission
English, French, German
- Fédération suisse des avocats (FSA)
- Ordre des avocats de Genève (OdA)
- International Bar Association (IBA), officer of the IP and Entertainment Law Committee
- Association suisse de l'arbitrage (ASA)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb), Fellow
- Indicative list of WTO Panelists
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Deutsches Institut für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit (DIS)
- World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), member of list of neutrals
- Silicon Valley Arbitration and Mediation Center (SVAMC), member of Tech List
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), member of the IP panel
- Institut für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz (INGRES)
- Association romande de la propriété intellectuelle (AROPI)