Andrea Huber is a Partner and member of Pestalozzi’s Financial Services Group specialising in banking and regulatory matters including FinSA and FinIA, asset management/investment funds, fintech, capital market transactions, compliance and white-collar crime. She regularly represents clients in proceedings before the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA, the SIX Swiss Exchange and the CDB Supervisory Board (VSB Aufsichtskommission).
Andrea advises banks, asset managers, securities firms, investment companies and other financial services providers on all regulatory and legal aspects of their business operations, organisation and products and assists them in obtaining regulatory licenses and approvals. She advises on and establishes investment/private equity structures as well as banking and asset management services and products, serving both institutional and retail clients. She also advises fund management companies, promoters, investment banks and distributors with respect to the structuring, listing and offering of funds and structured products. In addition, Andrea provides advice on issues of institutional governance, stock exchange disclosure rules, market conduct law, regulatory compliance, KYC and AML.
Prior to joining Pestalozzi, Andrea worked for major law firms for more than 13 years, most recently as Partner Banking & Finance.
Having lived in the US for several years, Andrea has a very international mindset and is skilled at working and negotiating with people from various cultures and backgrounds.
- Partner at Pestalozzi
- Cornell University Graduate School, Executive Women in Leadership
- Founding partner of law firm for asset managers/fintech companies, Zurich & New York
- Local partner at major international law firm in Zurich (2017 – 2019)
- Columbia University School of Law School, New York: LL.M.
- Counsel/Senior Associate/Associate at major Swiss Law firm in Zurich (2006 – 2017)
- Head of Ad hoc Publicity and Reporting Obligations, SIX Swiss Exchange, Zurich
- Exchange Trader Examination, SIX Swiss Exchange, Zurich
- Legal Counsel SIX Swiss Exchange, Zurich
- Bar admission in Switzerland (Zurich)
- University of Zurich: lic.iur.
Expertise & IndustriesBanking & Finance
Blockchain & Crypto Assets
Debt Capital Markets
Equity Capital Markets
Swiss Financial Market
Swiss Financial Market Regulation
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association