Christophe Berclaz is a very knowledgeable lawyer.
The Legal 500 Client Feedback, 2022
Christophe Berclaz is counsel and a member of Pestalozzi’s Litigation & Arbitration group in Geneva. He has developed a strong practice in complex litigation that involves an international component and multi-jurisdictional aspects. He specialises in white-collar matters, including asset-tracing, recovery and international mutual assistance in criminal matters.
In addition, Christophe Berclaz has broad experience in private banking, internal investigation, civil liabilities and enforcement of foreign decisions.
After graduating from the University of Geneva School of Law, Christophe Berclaz was admitted to the Geneva bar in 2005. He obtained a Master of Science in Shipping Trade & Finance from the Bayes Business School (formerly Sir John Cass Business School) of London in 2007. He then worked four years as an associate in both the litigation and corporate departments of one of the leading business law firms in Switzerland before joining the legal department of the Swiss subsidiary of an English private bank. He became associate at Pestalozzi in June 2013.
Christophe Berclaz is a member of different law associations such as the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA) and the Financial & Tax Committee of the Geneva Bar Association. He is also a member of the Committee of the Geneva Bar Personality Protection Scheme for members who are victims of conflicts at work, inappropriate behaviour or sexual harassment in the course of their profession.
- Counsel at Pestalozzi
- Geneva Young Bar Association Executive Committee (until 2018)
- Senior Associate at Pestalozzi
- Legal Counsel at Barclays Bank (Suisse) SA
- Bayes Business School: MSc in Shipping Trade & Finance
- Associate at a leading Swiss business law firm
- Bar admission: Switzerland
- University of Geneva: Master of Law
- Institut Florimont
Expertisen & IndustrienBlockchain & Crypto Assets
Prozessführung & Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit
White Collar Crime
- Swiss Bar Association
- Geneva Bar Association
- Financial & Tax Committe of the Geneva Bar Association
- Committee of the Geneva Bar Personality Protection Scheme against conflicts at work, inappropriate behaviour and sexual harassment
- Association Genevoise du Droit des Affaires
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)