Beat Schwarz focuses on corporate and commercial law as well as on corporate and finance transactions, in particular M&A, private equity, joint ventures, restructurings and debt capital markets. His experience includes numerous transactions involving listed and non-listed companies in different industries. As part of his domestic and cross-border corporate/M&A practice, he is regularly involved in insurance and other financial services regulatory work as well as in merger control proceedings.
Beat Schwarz is a partner and member of the Corporate / M&A practice group in Zurich. He is a graduate of the University of St Gallen (lic. iur. HSG, 2004) and Cornell University School of Law (LL.M., 2008). In 2003, he worked for the Swiss Federal Competition Authorities practicing Swiss antitrust law. Beat Schwarz joined Pestalozzi as a junior associate in 2004 and became an associate after his admission to the Zurich bar in 2006. After graduating from Cornell in 2008, he practiced as a foreign associate with a U.S. law firm in New York in international and U.S. domestic commercial, corporate/M&A and financing transactions and rejoined Pestalozzi end of 2009.
Beat Schwarz is named by various leading legal directories in his fields of expertise. Recent reports include:
• "He's quick, always responsive and competent.” - IFLR1000 2018 (M&A)
• "Beat Schwarz impresses in banking M&A and financial transactions." - Legal500 2018
• Beat Schwarz was also mentioned as recommended by clients in Legal500 2018 for capital markets work.
- Partner at Pestalozzi
- US international law firm in New York: foreign associate (2008/2009)
- Cornell University: LL.M. (2007/2008)
- Associate at Pestalozzi
- Bar admission: Switzerland
- Junior Associate at Pestalozzi
- University of St Gallen: lic. iur. HSG
- Swiss Federal Competition Authorities (WEKO): intern/research associate
Expertise & IndustriesBlockchain und Crypto Assets
Competition & Trade
Corporate / M&A
Debt Capital Markets
Equity Capital Markets
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- Swiss American Lawyers Association
- The Swiss Private Equity & Corporate Finance Association (SECA)