Daniela Frenkel is an associate and member of Pestalozzi’s Litigation & Arbitration Group in Zurich. Her main practice areas are commercial litigation and arbitration, debt enforcement and bankrupty law as well as commercial and contract law. She regulary represents parties before state courts and arbitral tribunals under various rules (such as ICC Rules and Swiss Rules) in complex domestic and international cases. Further, she has broad experience in asset tracing and freezing.
Daniela Frenkel graduated from the University of Zurich (lic.iur., 2007; Dr. iur., summa cum laude, 2012) and the University of San Diego (LL.M. with a specialization in Business and Corporate Law, 2014). Her PhD thesis on attachment law ("Informationsbeschaffung zur Glaubhaftmachung der Arrestvoraussetzungen sowie Auskunftspflichten im Arrestvollzug, unter besonderer Berücksichtigung der Arrestrevision 2011") was distinguished with the Walther Hug Award 2014. In 2010, she was admitted to the Swiss bar. Before joining Pestalozzi in 2014, Daniela Frenkel worked several years as an associate in the litigation and corporate teams of another major business law firm in Zurich.
In addition to her work as a legal counsel, Daniela Frenkel gained broad experience as a research and teaching assistant to Prof. Meier at the University of Zurich in the fields of litigation, debt enforcement and bankruptcy law, to Prof. Müller at the University of Lucerne in the field of commercial law and to Prof. Hettich at the University of St. Gallen in the field of public business law.
- Asscociate at Pestalozzi
- University of San Diego: LL.M. (with specialization in Business and Corporate Law)
- University of Zurich: Dr. iur./PhD (summa cum laude, distinguished with the Walther Hug Award 2014)
- Associate at major business law firm in Zurich
- Bar admission: Switzerland
- Lawyer at major business law firm in Zurich
- University of Zurich: lic. iur. (magna cum laude)
- Research and teaching assistant to Prof. Isaak Meier at the University of Zurich (litigation, debt enforcement and bankruptcy law)
- Research assistent to Prof. Karin Müller at the University of Lucerne (commercial law)
- Internship at major business law firm in Zurich
German, English, French
Compétences & IndustriesContentieux & Arbitrage
- Zurich Bar Association
- ASA Below 40
- Institut für zivilgerichtliches Verfahren Zürich
- Ius Alumni of the University of Zurich
- Swiss Bar Association