Corporate responsibility under Swiss law - Client event hosted by Pestalozzi & ACC Europe (17 September 2019)
Liability of Swiss (group) companies and its board members and officers for what happens in foreign countries and subsidiaries? Or even for wrongdoings by suppliers?
Learn more about corporate responsibility of Swiss (group) companies for violation of human rights and environmental standards abroad. The event takes place in Zurich on 17 September 2019.
Expert participants will discuss:
- Duties and possible liability of a company and its board members and officers under Swiss law as of today
- Possible changes due to the responsible business initiative "Konzernverantwortungsinitiative" and the counter proposal currently under discussion by the members of parliament
- Corporate social responsibility and how in-house lawyers can mitigate risks and liability while taking a responsible role
Presentations will be followed by cocktails and the opportunity to network and discuss current issues with fellow in-house counsel.
- Dr. iur. Urs Jaisli, Chief Compliance Officer and Head of Corporate Sustainability Committee, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Dr. iur. Manuela Baeriswyl, Section Manager, Swiss Holdings
Association of Corporate Counsel Europe (ACC Europe) is a global legal association that promotes the common professional and business interests of in-house counsel through information, education, networking, and advocacy. The presentations and discussions will be in English.
Please RSVP here by 3 September 2019
When: Tuesday, 17 September 2019
17:30 - 17:45 Welcome
17:45 - 19:00 Presentations and Q&A
19:00 Apéro and Networking
Where: Baur au Lac, Talstrasse 1, 8001 Zürich