Nicolas Pellaton is an associate and member of Pestalozzi’s Litigation & Arbitration Group. His main practice areas are international arbitration and commercial litigation with a focus on cross-border disputes. Nicolas Pellaton regularly serves as counsel and as secretary to arbitral tribunals in the course of commercial arbitration proceedings under various rules such as the ICC and Swiss Rules.
Nicolas Pellaton holds a Master of Law (2008) as well as a Doctorate in Law (2016; summa cum laude; Paul-René Rosset Prize) from the University of Neuchâtel. He also obtained a Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Arbitration from the Universities of Lucerne and Neuchâtel in cooperation with the Swiss Arbitration Academy (2014).
After his admission to the Swiss bar (2010), Nicolas Pellaton worked as a research assistant (funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation [SNSF]) in the civil procedure and judicial professions departments at the University of Neuchâtel (2010-2013). He then worked as an associate in the arbitration, litigation and insolvency, as well as real estate and construction departments of one of the leading business law firms in Switzerland (2013-2015). Nicolas Pellaton became an associate at Pestalozzi in October 2015.
Dr. Nicolas Pellaton is the author of numerous publications in the fields of civil procedure and judicial professions, private international law and enforcement law, as well as real estate law.
- University of Neuchâtel: Dr. iur. (summa cum laude)
- Associate at Pestalozzi
- Universities of Lucerne and Neuchâtel in cooperation with the Swiss Arbitration Academy (SAA): CAS in Arbitration
- Associate at Swiss law firm in Geneva
- Bar admission: Neuchâtel
- University of Neuchâtel, Department of Civil Procedure and Judicial Professions: research assistant (SNF)
- University of Neuchâtel, Department of Public Law: research assistant
- Junior associate at Swiss law firm in Neuchâtel
- University of Neuchâtel: MLaw
French, English, German
Expertise & IndustriesLitigation & Arbitration
- Geneva Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- Swiss Debt and Bankruptcy Law Association
- Association Henri Capitant des amis de la culture juridique française
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)