Philipp Otto is a senior associate and member of the Financial Services and of Litigation & Arbitration Groups. He represents financial institutions and corporate clients on a wide range of banking and finance transactions, with a particular focus on structured finance, derivatives and securitisation transactions. He has significant experience in matters relating to swaps, investment vehicles, foreign exchange derivatives, commodities and repurchase agreements.
Philipp Otto also focuses on financial services regulation, including the regulation of investment companies and broker-dealers.
Prior to joining Pestalozzi in Zurich, Philipp Otto worked as an executive director in the legal department of Goldman Sachs in London. He joined Goldman Sachs’ legal department in 2011 as an associate and was named executive director in 2014. Before joining Goldman Sachs, Philipp Otto was an associate at The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in London.
Philipp Otto is admitted to all courts in Switzerland.
- Senior Associate at Pestalozzi Attorneys at Law
- Associate at Pestalozzi Attorneys at Law
- Executive Director, Legal Department, Goldman Sachs, London
- Associate, Legal Department, Goldman Sachs, London
- Associate, Global Markets, The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, London
- University of Manchester, United Kingdom, LL.M. in International Financial Law
- Bar admission