Matthias Wiget joined Pestalozzi's Litigation & Arbitration Group as an associate in 2009. His experience includes international and domestic litigation in particular in the banking and financial services sector, the insurance industry and other business sectors. Matthias Wiget has also gained experience in various international arbitration proceedings. He regularly represents clients in court and arbitration proceedings and advises on questions of Swiss and international private law.
Matthias Wiget studied in Zurich (lic. iur., 2005; Dr. iur., 2008, with a published doctoral thesis on arbitration law) and London (King's College, LL.M. in International Business and Commercial Law, 2012). He began his professional career as a research and teaching assistant to Prof. Dr. Isaak Meier at the University of Zurich in the field of litigation, debt enforcement and bankruptcy law (from 2005 to 2007). Afterwards, he served as a law clerk at the District Court of Uster (Canton of Zurich). Matthias Wiget joined Pestalozzi after his admission to the Swiss bar in 2009.
- Senior Associate at Pestalozzi
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), London: Advanced Certificate in International Arbitration
- King's College London: LL.M. in International Business and Commercial Law
- Bar Admission: Switzerland
- Associate at Pestalozzi
- University of Zurich: Doctor of Laws
- District Court of Uster: Law Clerk
- University of Zurich: Master of Law
- University of Zurich: Research and Teaching Assistant
Expertisen & IndustrienProzessführung & Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
- Swiss Bar Association