Lorenza Ferrari Hofer is head of Pestalozzi's IP&TMT Group and co-head of the Life Sciences Group. She specializes in intellectual property, unfair competition, data law, data protection and contract law. She has profound knowledge in the development, licensing, trade and distribution of technology, as well as of therapeutic, health and food products (including product liability matters).
Lorenza Ferrari Hofer has years of experience in structuring complex R&D, know-how transfer and cooperation projects, particularly in the field of life sciences. She assists technology corporations as well as research institutions in both negotiations and strategic matters, and represents them in legal proceedings in front of Swiss courts, arbitral tribunals and regulatory authorities.
In addition, Lorenza Ferrari Hofer has a broad knowledge of media, advertising and entertainment matters where she regularly represents and advises companies and individuals in respect of copyright, unfair competition and privacy law issues.
Lorenza Ferrari Hofer regularly lectures and publishes in the fields of international licensing and technology transfer, and in several areas of unfair competition and intellectual property law. Among others, she lectures at SUPSI (Manno, Ticino) and is examiner at the Swiss patent attorney courses.
Also, Lorenza Ferrari Hofer is consistently recommended by the leading directories of the legal profession, such as Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, Who‘s Who Legal, WIPR Leaders, MLI and IAM.
- Partner at Pestalozzi
- qualified as Solicitor of England and Wales
- Foreign associate at UK international law firm in London (IP and IT departments)
- Associate at Pestalozzi
- Legal counsel at a major Swiss watch and micromechanics manufacturer
- Admission to the bar (Fürsprech und Notarin)
- Legal collaborator at Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property (Trademark Department, International Department)
- Graduation University of Basle (Dr. iur.)
German, English, French, Italian
Expertise & IndustriesBlockchain und Crypto Assets
Competition & Trade
Corporate / M&A
IP & TMT
- AIPPI (President Swiss AIPPI Group)
- IBA (Life Sciences)
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association
- British-Swiss Chamber of Commerce