Daniela Frenkel is a senior associate and member of Pestalozzi’s Litigation & Arbitration Group in Zurich. Her main practice areas are commercial litigation and arbitration, debt enforcement and bankruptcy law as well as commercial and contract law. She regularly represents parties before state courts and arbitral tribunals under various rules (such as ICC, LCIA, Swiss and UNICITRAL Rules) in complex domestic and international cases across a wide range of industries.
She regularly acts as a legal secretary to arbitral tribunals and also serves as arbitrator. She has not only special expertise in arbitration-related litigation (including enforcement, interim relief and setting-aside proceedings) but also in asset tracing and freezing.
Daniela Frenkel graduated from the University of Zurich (lic. iur., magna cum laude, 2007; Dr. iur., summa cum laude, 2012) and the University of San Diego (LL.M. with a specialization in Business and Corporate Law, 2014). Her PhD thesis on freezing injunctions ("Informationsbeschaffung zur Glaubhaftmachung der Arrestvoraussetzungen sowie Auskunftspflichten im Arrestvollzug") was distinguished with the prestigious Walther Hug Award. In 2010, she was admitted to the Swiss bar. Before joining Pestalozzi in 2014, Daniela Frenkel worked several years as an associate in the litigation and corporate teams of another major business law firm in Zurich.
In addition to her work as a legal counsel, Daniela Frenkel gained broad experience as a research and teaching assistant to Prof. Meier at the University of Zurich in the fields of litigation, debt enforcement and bankruptcy law, to Prof. Müller at the University of Lucerne in the field of commercial law and to Prof. Hettich at the University of St. Gallen in the field of public business law.
In 2020, Daniela Frenkel was recognized as "Rising Star" in Litigation by Euromoney's Expert Guide.
- Senior Associate at Pestalozzi
- Associate at Pestalozzi
- University of San Diego: LL.M. (with specialization in Business and Corporate Law)
- University of Zurich: Dr. iur./PhD (summa cum laude, distinguished with the Walther Hug Award 2014)
- Associate at major business law firm in Zurich (until 2014)
- Bar admission: Switzerland
- Research assistant to Prof. Peter Hettich at the University of St. Gallen (public business law) (until 2010)
- Lawyer at major business law firm in Zurich (until 2010)
- University of Zurich: lic. iur. (magna cum laude)
- Research assistant to Prof. Karin Müller at the University of Lucerne (commercial law) (until 2010)
- Research and teaching assistant to Prof. Meier at the University of Zurich (litigation, debt enforcement, bankruptcy) (until 2008)
- Internship at major business law firm in Zurich
German, English, French
- Swiss Bar Association
- Zurich Bar Association
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
- ASA Below 40
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAF)
- Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit DIS40
- Institut für zivilgerichtliches Verfahren Zürich
- Ius Alumni of the University of Zurich